Saturday, July 9, 2011

camera cords, wreaths, scrap challanges

So, this was going to talk about my camera and my wreaths, and my goals, but with 6 double layouts, I think this post will be long enough just talking about those!! So, deployment project number 13 (in progress, I don't think each page should count as a project!! may go by year, since next months scrap project is a bigger time span, not sure). I absolutely love Apron String Designs scrap kits. They make scrapping so much quicker, and well the owner Lori rocks and it is based out of CO, so it perfect :) Anyway, over on her blog, apronstringsdesigns.blogspot.com, for the month of July, she is having an out with the old, in with the new scrap challange, which fits perfectly with my personal scrap challange for myself this month. To scrap any pictures that are left from when I met my husband to the birth of our oldest child. 2001 is done, so it is really only a year and half worth of pictures (next month is from that child to our next, they are almost 6 years apart, and only about 2 or 3 years (if even) are done!! Here are the first 6 challanges :)
the first challange was to use my oldest summer kit with my newest metalic embelishments. The way I store my scrapbook stuff, I have no clue what is newer and what is older. So, I just combined a summery kit, with some metalic embelishments :)
The right side of the Catholic Cadet Chapel.
The second challange was to scrap using red, white, and blue, since it was posted on Monday the 4th of July :) Being that I had a bunch of pictures of my new Cadet boyfriend and his classmates I already had a layout pulled with those colors in mind :)
and the right side, you see that hot cadet, there is that squadren, near the middle, no that one, haha, no clue where he is out there!! I may have known which group when taking it, maybe he can remember 12 years later :)
The third challange was to mix two kits. Since I had already pulled pictures and kits, I had one double page that was actually two single layouts, with two different, but it so happens, coordinating kits, so there we go, challange done :) These are my first photos of my handsome husband 12 years ago, 11 years married today (July 10, 2011, day I am editing this post, not sure what date blogspot will give it when done :) ).
The second kit. that is my little brother dressed like an alien batboy :)
The fourth challange was to take a non-summery kit and use it with "newer" photos. This kit, when I pulled it, I just thought old fashioned, not summer, this why I put it with Mt Vernon photos. When using the coordinating sides it does look more summery. These photos are "newe" in relation to my birth. I am determined to complete all the photos from the time I met Alex until our oldest was born, so "newer" is relative. BUt the main goal of the entire challange is to use up our stash :) This layout had a very simpl sketch, I did add the flowers and chip board to give it a little more.
And the right side of a very simple layout...
The fifth challange was to mix up kits or scrap supplies. NOne of my kits worked for this layout, which does not happen often since I have quite the stash. But I did have the elements that would, what can I say, I love baseball. The cardstock was from Apron Strings, the pattern paper is from when Scenic Route was closing up shop. No clue about the ribbon, prob and Apron String left over (there is two kits ;-). And the baseball stickers were in my stash. Being a mom I tend to get away from things I love, even with a baseball loving son, but scrapping this page really made me smile. That is twice this year I have been reminded of my love for this game :)
The right side :)
The sixth challange was to use an older kit with five elements in it, cardstock, patterned paper, buttons, ribbon, and chip board, and to add two other elements. None of my pulled kits had chipboard, so the cork circles were the closes thing. I used some Close to My Heart Ribbon and a green paper flower I had in a left over stash from a different kit.
This is the right side of the layout. You can't really see the title, but it says Jewish and Protestant Cadet Chapels. this is what happens when you don't put stuff away right, you can't find the best for the job and with a dead line for a challange I had to go with what I did have easy access to.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work! And sometimes it's good to just have to work with what you have - no over thinking, no spending time looking and looking. Great job!

    Thanks for the plug ;D

    ReplyDelete